Mathematics Teacher - 80%
We are currently looking for an MYP mathematics teacher, able to teach all levels of the MYP.
As well as the general requirements for teaching staff at KIS, the preferred candidate will have:
- Experience of teaching the MYP mathematics curriculum to students of varying abilities
- Experience working with students who are second language learners
- A commitment to preparing students for mathematics in the IB Diploma and an awareness of the changes that are taking place in the Diploma programme
- The ability to plan a five year programme for the students that builds skills and conceptual understanding in a logical and structured fashion
- As the only mathematics teacher at KIS, the ideal candidate will also have a strong record of working independently and with self motivation
Further details about working at KIS are available in the documents to the right of the screen and informal enquiries to the principal (firstname.lastname@example.org) are always welcomed.
Applications should consist of a CV with the names of at least two referees and a short supporting statement, and should be emailed to the principal by the end of the day on Tuesday 5th March. Interviews (in person or by Skype) will take place that week.
There are currently no other vacancies, but we are always interested in sub teachers, so please submit a CV by email to the principal, email@example.com, if this is of interest.
A full time
position at KIS currently consists of 18.9 contact hours, and pre-tax salaries
range from approximately 400000 NOK to 600000 NOK. Further details about renumeration and terms
of service are in the attached documentation, along with some information about living and working in Kristiansand.
A strong candidate will have most, if not all,
of the following attributes:
A recognised teaching
Native-level spoken and written
Experience of teaching in an
Experience and recent training
in IB programmes
Examples of recent innovation
in the classroom and an analytical approach to its success
The flexibility needed to work
in a small school